My guest today is Aarni Heiskanen, who heads the aec-business blog. One of Aarni’s especialties is to consult with A/E/C firms that are into or considering getting into partnerships.
This is a topic I’m very interested in. Remontech was incorporated in 2004 as a partnership and it was great for me to learn his thoughts on what best practices are for this delicate issue. As technology changes and the construction body of knowledge grows, companies tend to become more and more specialized. As a result, partnerships become almost inevitable, especially in complex projects.
Leave a comment below this post and tell us about your experiences in partnerships.
Aarni Heiskanen is a management consultant and an entrepreneur. He graduated in architecture from the Helsinki University of Technology. His company, AE Partners, is a consultancy for companies and organizations in the AEC industry. Aarni helps his clients with strategy formulation, business model development, and service innovation projects. Aarni is also a partner at Thinking Business, a company that develops and sells project portfolio management software as a service. He has written books and articles for international publications. Aarni’s blog for AEC professionals is at aec-business.com.
- What benefits would a company get from partnering up with another company?
- What alternative forms of partnership are available?
- What are the potential problems in partnerships?
- How to partner up successfully?
- Could you mention some examples of partnerships in the AEC industry?
Press the orange “PLAY” button on top of this post to listen to this podcast episode.
Winners of the “Social Media in Action” book
The winners of the awesome “Social Media in Action” book are also announced on today’s episode. They are:
- Nicole Griffin, one of the listeners who left a comment under episode 32 show notes
- Azeek, one of the listeners who left a review and rating in iTunes
Again, there’s still a chance to win the book mentioned last week, “Seventy Years of Strength,” on the history of the demolition industry in the UK. To win it, leave a comment under episode 33 show notes and/or a review and rating in iTunes.
- Aarni’s blog post on lean construction at http://aec-business.com/making-construction-efficient-again-with-lean-and-bim/
- Book: Getting Partnering Right: How Market Leaders Are Creating Long-Term Competitive Advantage by Neil Rackham, Lawrence Friedman and Richard Ruff
- Consulting Business Blog and Aarni’s book: http://www.consulting-business.com/products/the-management-consulting-blueprint
- Outline of today’s interview