It’s the 30th episode of the Construction Industry Podcast! Thank you so much for listening to the show for these 12 months. I’m very grateful for your support and encouragement during this time and it’s really a privilege to have you as a subscriber, listener, and contact.
On today’s episode I spoke with Mr. Michael Oster, from McCarthy Building Companies. He is in charge of the Information Technology group there. In many ways, McCarthy is leading the way when it comes to mobile adoption in our industry. He shared with me how McCarthy is using mobile in their projects and how you and I can start implementing mobile technology in our projects.
To listen to this episode, click the orange “PLAY” button on top of this post.
If you haven’t voted yet, I was nominated for a Be2Award as the best AEC Social Media Blog. There are two other nominees, so if you’d like to vote for the Construction Industry Podcast, you can visit
and follow the instructions there.
- McCarthy Building Companies
- BIM 360 Field for iPad
- Vela: Used for issue tracking, punch lists, safety inspections, quality verifications, commissioning, and BIM in the field
- Bluebeam Revu: Used for PDF Drawings in the field.
- Evernote: note taking app
- Sketchbookx: blank sketch pads plus integration with camera
- GoodReader: Another PDF review package
- OneNote: Microsoft note-taking app
- OSHA Mobile: Great reference tool for safety coordinators or others wanting to ensure things are being done safely
- Be2Awards Voting Page: Vote for us!
How are YOU using mobile in construction? Leave your answer below!